We will only use the personal data gathered over this website as set out in this Policy. Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have.
“Personal Information” means address, name, telephone number, and any other information that can be used to identify a customer as a specific individual (including the information that falls under the definition of “Personal Data” in Article 4 of GDPR.)
1. Personal Information We Collect
The Company may collect from you the Personal Information, including the following:
- Name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, occupation, age, and username
- Access history data such as IP address and cookies data during (at the time of) your access to our website
- Shopping data, contents of inquiries, customer account information, orders and contract information, particulars of goods delivered, billing information, bank account information, history of transactions and contacting, as well as the information about transactions and communication between you and the Company on our website
- Identification of a terminal device
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information We Collect
The Company will collect Personal Information from you mainly in the cases below. The purposes of our use of the Personal Information we collect and the legitimate basis for the use are as follows:
- To process your registration for a service, and to provide you with the service (Performance of a contract)
- Sending product catalogs and samples(Performance of a contract)
- To confirm your order for goods or fee-based service, to confirm your payment therefor, and to deliver the goods to you (Performance of a contract)
- In cases where you use a certain service that is jointly provided by the Company and one of our business-alliance partners, to provide the user information about you to the said partner only to the extent required at a minimum for the provision of the service to you (Performance of a contract)
- To recommend any goods or service, or to provide you with other information about new goods, service, or the like based on your user history (Legitimate interests)
- To conduct market research, planning, or research and development (Legitimate interests)
- To develop new goods, service, or the like (Legitimate interests)
- To improve your experience on our website in a way such as by personalising advertisements and contents you may be shown on our website or any of our services (Legitimate interests)
- To provide you with a service based on your visit, shopping, browsing, and shopping behavior history, or location information, and to understand and analyze your usage situation (Legitimate interests)
- To aggregate the Personal Information and make statistical material that cannot identify any specific individual, to conduct marketing, to develop new goods or service, and to improve the quality of our services based on the material (Legitimate interests)
3. Sharing of Personal Information with Outside Parties
We may share individual information with companies we conduct business with.
Pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulations, the Company Group may occasionally disclose personal data to public organizations connected with law enforcement in compliance with the requirements under laws and regulations, court orders, the requests of governmental organizations or law enforcement organizations (including those falling within requests for national security or law enforcement measures) (including the requests of the governmental organizations and courts of countries in which the Company Group conducts its business).
4. Precaution Notice
Our website on the Internet operated by the Company may contain an external link. In that case, please note that the Company will not assume any responsibility for the handling of your Personal Information on the said external website.
5. Rights Held by Customers in EEA
You, a customer in the EEA, have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information retained by the Company:
Right to access to your Personal Data
Right to request the rectification of your inaccurate Personal Data
Right to request the erasure of your Personal Data
Right to request the restriction on the processing of your Personal Data
Right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
In cases where your Personal Data is processed on your consent, you, a customer in the EEA, have the right to withdraw your consent in relation to your Personal Data at any time.
For your submission of a request for any of the rights held by you in relation to your Personal Information, please see “6. Contact for Inquiries” below.
6. Contact for Inquiries
The point of contact below accepts any comment, inquiry, or complaint from yourself in relation to your Personal Information.
When you request under “7. Rights Held by Customers in EEA,” please describe the following points and contact us at the specified point of contact:
Contents of the Personal Information about which you want to make a request
Name of a service about which you want to make a request
Reason for your request
How you want the Company to address your request
After receiving the request from you, the Company will ask you to provide a document required for the confirmation of your identity as specified by us to verify that the request is made by yourself. Upon the completion of the verification process, we will address your request.
In cases where a request is made by a proxy for you, not by yourself, we will ask the proxy to submit a document certifying his/her authority of representation to the Company.
Contact for Inquiries
Tanihata Co., Ltd.,
1-7-3 kamiakae-machi Toyama City, Toyama 930-0816 JAPAN
7. Data Retention
The Company will not retain personal information for any purposes other than those specified or beyond the requirements set by applicable laws and regulations.
Cookies and other automatic information collection means may be used on the Company’s website, as is standard in the online space.
Cookies are used to store user information on the user’s computer via the Company’s website. This saves time by removing the need to re-enter information already provided.
Cookies can be disabled within the browser, but this may impair service provision.
9. Other Matters
- There are differences between Japan’s individual privacy laws and GDPR. For example, under GDPR, online identifiers like IP addresses and cookies are included within personal information, but under Japanese privacy laws, they are not considered to be personal information⁴. Based on this understanding, we do not implement “cookie agreements” on our Japanese website.
Please note that if you do not provide us with the updated and accurate information about you, in some cases,
you may not receive an adequate service.
You have the right to lodge an objection to the processing of the Personal Information in relation to you with
the data protection supervisory authority having jurisdiction over the place of your residence.
Date of Update: 20 July 2023